Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Welcome to the Land of...


That is correct, I have officially crossed the state line from my beautiful and somewhat peaceful Idaho to the busy, crowded, makes me feel slightly claustrophobic of Utah. Such a bittersweet moment as we were approaching that sign...mainly because I am still an Idaho girl at heart but at the same time I was beginning a new adventure that is opening a lot of opportunities for me. 

Not sure what all is going to happen but whatever it is we will get through it. We are eagerly awaiting confirmation of moving into a new apartment which both Mark and I are super excited to do...his current place where we are staying for the moment is a little small for the two of us. The apartment we are waiting for is a larger two bedroom for around the same price that we are currently paying for now. 

I am trying to set up a home knowing full well that in just a matter of days/weeks I could be packing it all up and moving again. Kinda a little annoying knowing that but it will be OK...

That is pretty much my life right at the moment. Just trying to stay true to my Idaho roots while living in a Utahan world. The ward that I have just moved into is eager to meet me and I was informed the day of my wedding that my records were already being requested (uh oh...that scares me) so we shall see. I have only ever attended one Utah ward and that was an experience and a half, I have never seen so many people in one chapel in my life let alone in a Sunday School class...I don't know how I will ever remember names...sigh...

My last bit of advice before I leave ya for the day....potatoes...eat only IDAHO potatoes...they are the best in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment