Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm Not Over

Ok, so decided to update a bit, as I do have a few mins between my classes today. Wow, the past couple of weeks have been insane!!! School is now back and session and this semester is kicking my butt right from the start! This week I have 4 papers to work on (technically 3 because of them is a list of thesis statements for a paper that due in a week and a half). 3 of them are due this week. The other is a little longer than the previous ones mentioned and will be a interesting write to say the least. I still don't know what I topic i want to write about. That is half of the challenge there. Not to mention I am still a bit behind on some reading and making outline of the chapters for. Its a snowball effect for me and the class that I am taking on Thursday nights on Ancient Egypt is not going to be as easy as i once thought. Luckily, I can write outlines of each of the chapters and lectures and use the notes from them for my exams.



I got my first math test back today. I didn't do bad, but I had thought I did a lot better than what I did. I just made some dumb mistakes and looking back over the exam that had her marks on it, I can see where I went wrong. GRRR....but I guess there is always the next one. We went over some of the new chapter and I like these better than the previous chapter. Although, I am sure I will be eating my words soon enough on that. Math isn't my strong suit, but I am working on changing my attitude towards it. That I hear is the first step (as well as admitting that I need help...I don't ask for help enough. I am they type of person that has the mind set that I can do it on my own....I am wrong when it comes to math.) to get over the disdain that I hold for that particular subject.

Other than school, life is pretty ok. Could always be better, but hey...its a start! Nursery is going amazingly smooth. With just three kids we are able to work one on one with them and really get them to understand the teachings of the gospel that we are trying to teach to them. We have on girl who hardly speaks but we have her speaking a little bit more each day and even saying prayers! I get such a joy in watching them grow and interact with not only us but with each other. I am anxious to get more kids in April, but at the same time I don't want anymore because that one on one will slowly diminish, although the joy will still be there.

Well, its getting to be late (which is when I am finishing this up --I started it during my break at school as to take a break from studying for a bit) and I still have LOADS to read...fun! Take Care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment