Friday, January 1, 2010

Ready 2 Go

I cant believe that 2010 is finally here! I have been anxiously waiting for the new year to start. The last couple of years have definately been hard on me so I cross my fingers and pray that this year will be better.

To tell you a little about myself, my name is Audrey and I am currently enrolled in college. I am a sophmore working on finishing up my general education requirements and looking to go in to Secondary Education. I have a passion for history, especially for the Tudor period. I often wonder what it would be like to have Henry the VII and Anne Boleyn for dinner and see what would happen between them. I also have a passion for music. I have studied piano for 13 years but have been playing for 17 years altogether. I have had many opportunities to perform and play. The most recent has been the accompanist for my ward choir. I have the honor of accompying them for the last two years and it is just the beginning. I have also served as branch organist, when I lived up in the northern end of our state. It was definately an experience.

Like I mentioned earlier, I am the ward choir accompanist. Yes, that means I am LDS. In addtion to my calling as the choir accompianist, I am also the assistant girls camp director and a Nursery leader and I LOVE every minute I get to spend with my kids on Sunday. They bring a smile to my face every week. So you might come across posts that just apply to my Nursery calling (and if I am called back to girls camp).

A little history, I am the y0ungest of three kids in my immediate family. I have been married and was sealed in the Logan Temple however, I have been divorced for two years now and as much as I was hurt by that choice (and by far it has been the hardest decision I have ever had to make), it was the best thing I could have ever done. I lost my dad last March after a long and trying battle with a cancer that is still incurable. My dad was a big part in my life and I learned many things and shared many intrests with him (as in history, I got my love of history from him). He is greatly missed and loved. However, I know that someday I will be able to see him again and we will be reunited. I have no kids of my own yet, but I look forward to someday being able to enjoy that experience, but I am in no rush... =) I do however have a spoiled beagle named Bailey who is like my kid. I just love her to death!

This is also my first time I have ever blogged out side of Myspace (can we even call that blogging??). I mostly wrote for the fact that I had a lot going on in my life and needed somewhere I could clear my head. So please bear with me as I try and get a hold of it all.

Anyway, I hope the new year is kind to each and everyone of you (that is if someone somewhere is reading this...) and I look forward to sharing a little bit of my little world with you and making new friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment