Friday, July 20, 2012

It Is Still HOT...Ugh!!!

Yes, it is still hot as Hades here in the city. Was relieved when it rained a few days ago...I really enjoyed those cooler temps. Almost makes me wish we had some snow...almost.

Life has been been crazy but quiet. A lot has been going on trying to get ready for my wedding that is less than four weeks away. Still have plenty to try and get accomplished. Mainly packing is the big item on that list. I pretty much have the center pieces for the table all set...I might color some more rice just in case...maybe tomorrow?? I will have to post pics of the process or do a little tutorial or something and show you guys what it looks like.  I originally had teal decor rocks but they were slightly larger than I had anticipated so I went with the rice option instead. The reception is nothing formal...it will look like it I think a little bit when you walk in but when you get close you will see why I say it is more casual than formal. 

Then there is the issue of the cake. Instead of a cake, we had opted to go cupcakes since they were smaller and a lot easier to serve to people. We had talked about two different kinds but my cupcake guru who I have been having this conversation with might be having to change her plans which will cause me to change plans and baker. That is a little unnerving as I don't know who I would turn to. I would do it myself but that is a lot of baking, in a non a/c home in the middle of 90+ degree weather. I am already making the chocolate mints which will be a big undertaking in and of itself. 

I know I am sounding like I am complaining but I am not. I think it is more of me creating a to do list. If I type it out, I am expressing my thoughts which in return help me see what I still need to do. And there is a lot more! Like a ring ceremony! And a new temple recommend interviews! Whew...but it will come together, I know it...it will, right?

Oh yeah, I have a new craft project that I am going to be working on and guess what it involves? Spray paint! Yup that is right...I am going to be "painting the roses red" or I guess in my case teal...lol. Sorry had to get a little Alice in Wonderland moment out of my system. This should be fun! I am hoping that it will turn our ok and go with the image I have in my head...if not, it could be disaster! At least it will be fun though! If you go to my parent's outside back porch, you will already see faded white spray paint marks from previous projects for camp.

Oh, I hate to say this, but I sorta am missing not going to girls camp this year. I admit I am not an avid camper. I hate being dirty and the heat but I love camping non the less. We had a great group of young women that made it worth the negative parts. The new camp director that took my spot keeps telling me whenever I see her that she is nervous about taking my spot and that she doesn't have all the neat things that I have for the girls this year. She is a wonderful, creative lady but I still wish I was there. I know...I know...But I guess my being released was a blessing in disguise because planning  a wedding and girls camp at the same time would have been chaotic! Not that I couldn't have done it, but it would have made life a little bit stressful. 

Well I guess I should close the post...been thinking about remaking my blog over and updating it a bit...but I am sure that is going to have to wait! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment