Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year or two....

I know, I know it has been a while since I have written anything in the realm of blogs (minus an update on the family blog). I should be ashamed but lets just call it what it was....I was LAZY and didn't have it on the forefront of my mind with everything that I was going through. You will be happy to know that I did graduate from UCMT in both the Professional and Master Bodyworker programs along with finally working as an LMT so maybe you could cut me some slack? Just a little.....???

Well, as you can tell by the date of this post it is now officially the year 2014! Can you believe that 2013 went by so fast? I guess when you are busy time really does fly and we have been busy (If you want to know what we have been up to, let me know and I will send ya a link if ya don't already have it). With a new year comes the traditional New Year Resolutions which we all know will be broken within a week or two after making them. Nonetheless, we still make them in the hopes that we actually follow through with them. 

I am going to be one of those hopeful few and make a few resolutions. Maybe by posting them here and some of you who are reading this might hold me accountable? Maybe? Perhaps?

The first thing I want to do is get back into going to the temple on a weekly basis. We were going every Friday night but then the holidays hit and yeah...we have been bad BUT hopefully now that everything is dying down we can get back into that habit.

The second is reading the scriptures. I have been bad at this my whole life. I believe the last time I read the Book of Mormon was when I was in the YW presidency and I had set a goal for my self to finish it and while I did in 30 days give or take and I really did learn some things from that experience, I didn't really get all that I could from it. So, I am going to go through again and read and maybe start a scripture journal to help with the studying and if that goes well, we might just move on to the older stuff of the bible. Pray for me, will ya?

Third, I want to get better at planning a menu and trying new recipes out. Maybe if I were to do that, I could lose a little weight. Let's face it, if your like me, most of us could probably afford to get rid of the holiday poundage that we might have put on if we dug down deep inside of ourselves. I know total cliche on the weight loss resolution and I am almost sure to fail but maybe I should say, instead, to get healthier. Drink more H2O and eat more fruits and veggies? LOL. We will see how that goes. I really should try and keep that though.

Lastly, I want to get organized and get rid of some of the boxes/bins from our move and down size the amount of things we have that we don't need or use anymore. That, my friends, will be a real accomplishment if I achieve any ground in this resolution. I am good at talking myself into reasons why I would need or should keep something...maybe implement the five second rule? If it takes longer than 5 seconds to decide (maybe 10 seconds??) then I really don't need it. I wonder if that will work????

Anyway, that is some of my goals this year...I will try and update you all on the progress. We shall see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment