Saturday, January 8, 2011

All Good Things Must Come 2 An End

So this is my last weekend before going back to school (BOO!!) and can I just say that winter break has just flown bye fast and what a couple of weeks it has been. Maybe I should be happy that it is coming to an end??

So yesterday I took my little shadow and bestest friend Bailey to the vet yesterday for what was going to be a routine nail trim with a Parvo vaccine and an hour later I come out with the knowledge that my poor little doggy will have to undergo surgery because their is a smallish size mass next to one of her lower mammories that is causing her a little irritation (she about took off the faces and fingers of our vet and her assistant) which may or may not be of the cancerous type. The "c" word was not what I really wanted to hear. The vet explained to me that these kinds of masses have a 50/50 shot at being cancerous (a biopsy would tell us the truth) so Miss Bailey under went 3 x-rays to make sure that their wasn't any nodes that made it to her lungs since they mammories are all sorta connected to one another. Luckily there wasn't and the vet had mentioned to me that since we are catching it fairly early, that everything will be ok. It was definately an eye opener to me. Luckily for me, the vet also told me about a program called CreditCare which was like a health care credit card. I was approved for one whihc will make it so I can get Bailey the surgery that is going to be needed without having to pay it all up front. Still scary though especially when surgery and cancer (might) be involved. =(

A lot of things have been going through my head lately. I guess with the thought of school starting up again, I am taken back to my school days. Its funny all the conversations and notes that were exchanged between friends and I had several groups of friends at each differnt level in school. Mainly because most of my friends would end up in another school when we moved up from elementary to junior high and then junior high to high school. Each group we always said we would be friends for ever yet to this day, we hardly even speak a word to each other and sad to say, some of these "friends" I became friends with on Facebook where we still don't speak to each other. I am still convinced that Facebook is just a competition on who can have the most friends. Its really  quite sad. Then there are friends that I have that through our years at school we might have had huge falling outs and yet we talk (rather exchange emails back and forth) probably more now than we had when we were in school. Its just sort of sad, don't you agree?

Anyway, I need to get off my soapbox for the moment and close up. Thanks for the venting...its been most helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment