Thursday, January 13, 2011

Counting the days...Tick...tock

Well, its the start of what will be a very long couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, it will be worth it but I will be so glad when it's done.

If you read my previous post you would have known about our little trip to the vet. OK, so it turned out that it wasn't so little. Well Wednesday Bailey did go in for her surgery. Dropped her off around 730 am and picked her up around 430 pm. She came out ok from it, the vet said she did very well with it and her dental cleaning which was very good to hear. Still waiting for the results on the biopsy to see if the masses they removed from her stomach area are cancerous or not.

So right now we sit and wait for two weeks, that is when she has to go back in and get the stitches that are on her stomach taken out  and the stiches on both her eyes are dissolvable so we are good there HOWEVER she is stuck wearing this HUGE ugle e-collar which she hates. Every time she puts her nose down to smell or to eat/drink, she ends up stepping on the bottom of it and getting tripped up on it. It is so sad to see her in it. I mean I understand why she is required to wear it, but I hate to have to see her try and live with it.

So on top of the e-collar, she has two medicines: a pain killer and eye meds. Yeah, this has turned into a little game. The first time I went to put the eye medicine in her eyes (its not drops but like a creame like substance) twice a day for 10 days. I tried to put them in her eyes tonight and she went hiding (kinda like she does when I put the ear rinse into her ears). When I finally got her to come to me, she wouldn't hold her head still and its not like i could really hold on to her since she has like a 5 in incision on the side of her stomach and a e-collar around her neck, but we finally managed to get enough in each eye. I think maybe I will try and do one eye at a time at different times, like a half hour/hour apart...maybe that would be easier. Hmmm....I might have to try that.

Alright, well its late or rather early in the wee hours of the day so I guess I should be getting some shut eye as Miss Bailey has finally gone back to sleep and since I have class in the morning and tons of reading to do. Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment