Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Part 2: It's Been A While....

Since I have written on this blog (did you read the title and the first line here with the song in mind?). I guess one reason it takes me a while to really update my personal blog is because most of what is going in my life is the same as the previous posts and I don't want to bore anyone with repetition. 

So let us get on with it, shall we? Midterms have come and gone and finals are looming just around the corner (are we over joyed yet?) and I have mixed feelings about that. I am soo ready for this semester to be done and over but at the same time...but there are just somethings that I wish I could learn more about certain things that the timing of the semester just didn't allow. 

The weather has been completely schizophrenic or bi polar with what it wants. We have had all sorts of weather (especially high winds) that I have really missed the nice fall weather that we usually get this time of year. Snow has come and graced us with its presence but not well liked, I guess it was a good thing that she didn't stay long. 

Bailey has been back in for blood work. Her calcium level has been consistently high for the last few blood tests that she has had and the vet is concerned that she has is becoming a victim of cancer again. The vet called last week and notified me that a lot of the tests they ran to eliminate some diseases that could have been the case but there was one test they didn't run at the lab in Boise and so I am waiting for a call with an estimate for the test. The vet said that it the closest way to tell if there is cancer present or not. Bailey did have a small cancerous tumor removed the first of the year (we all remember the cone of shame) and they are thinking that it has coming back. We are going to have to weigh our options as to what to do. I keep getting reminded that Bailey is 12 years old. Sigh....I don't even want to think what it would be like with out having miss Bailey around. She is just so stinking cute and cuddly and has been there for me since I came home 4 years ago!

So Thanksgiving is next week and that means so is my birthday. This year I am lucky to have it land on Thanksgiving. So this year I am making dinner and in honor of my birthday, I am not having turkey but HAM!!! Yes, I know that is like a crime but I am just not a big fan of the bird and really want ham and my mommy said that is ok, as long as I cook it! YUMMY!!

As for my calling in the YW's program, it is going ok. We had our YWIE the first part of the month and I earned two out of the 8 ribbons for my book mark. I was pretty happy. Plus, I learned a new skill because of the personal progress program, I learned how to use a sewing machine! I am even the proud owner of one! It still scares me at times but I am told that the more I use it, the more that I will become comfortable with it and thus making me less afraid. 

Christmas is coming! Or should I say its already here? Stores are already playing Christmas music in the stores, the radio is playing it which means my mother is listening to it. I love Christmas music but I firmly believe that Christmas music (along with other things that belong to the season) should only come on or around AFTER Thanksgiving!! I mean come on, give the turkey holiday some respect! But that is all I am going to say on the matter...Halloween in October, Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in DECEMBER!!! 

Well that is my life in a nut shell...more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more with you about the different holidays in the different months...Retailers are of the devil.

    ReplyDelete