Monday, November 28, 2011

Something new....

written in something blue. No, this post has nothing to do with marriage or anything of that sort. For the first time I am going to go write about something that I don't often do because  1) I find that politics and politicians are corrupt and don't seem to inspire a whole lot of confidence 2) people have varying views and opinions on the topic or subject of politics and I am not one to really get into debates about what people should think and 3) I don't often understand politics since there doesn't seem to be any true honesty and going back to my first reason, it is hard really to know what to believe and what sources are true. 

With that disclaimer being said, I thought I would share this with all of you. For one of my history classes I have to read this article or listen to the speech and write a short paper on it. It was an address given to the American people by former President Jimmy Carter in the summer of 1979. Now, I don't know a whole lot of President Carter nor do I remember what kind of a president he was, but after reading this address, I think that he hit the nail on the head (at least the first half when he talks about the lack of confidence and faith). Not just in the late 70's but I think it was more of a revelation for our time.

Again, I don't get into politics much but this speech sort of summed up my feelings and thoughts. Take a gander at it. You can find it HERE and either read the transcript or watch a video/audio of it.

*Don't expect this kind of post from me often...it really isn't my thing* 

No comments:

Post a Comment