Sunday, April 8, 2012

Oh My Gosh....

A lot has happened since I last updated this blog...I am a slacker on all 3 of my blogs *shame on me I know* but I am going to take some time to update you for a few...I might do this over the course of 2 posts so it doesn't seem SOOOO LONG and daunting to read. Sound like a plan? Yeah, I thought so too!

So first let me update you on how school is. After this year I have decided that I teaching is not my thing. Don't get me wrong I love teaching but the subjects that I am going to school for to teach are not what I am passionate about. I LOVE history but truth be told I LOVE english history during the dark ages. They just don't cover that in school (at least not here) and I am not a fan of English...in fact it was one of the few subjects that I didn't even really like (Math being the first and still is). 

So I have given a lot of thought over the last two semesters on if education is something that I really want to do with the rest of my life and it isn't. I love teaching but I will still have several opportunities to teach with the numerous church callings that I have and will have through out my life. That being said, I have been offered a place in the Massage Therapy Program (a definite for the 2013 but there is a small chance I might get in to the program this summer-mind you a slight chance if I get the pre-reqs and people drop). So I am excited about that. I have known some people who are massage therapists and it seems like an interesting career. I have always been amazed on how massage and simply the power of touch can heal and relieve stress.

 I know I have to get over my feet fetish but at this point it is doable and I have to face my fears sometime (besides it is way easier to face my fear of feet than it is to face my fear of spiders). It is also a health care job and I swore that I would never go into the medical field but thinking about it, my definition of medical field is in a hospital and deals with blood, needles, nurses and doctors. All the things I don't like.  So as of the end of this semester I am officially in the College of Technology up at ISU. 

Also, an update on Miss Bailey...we are back to running more tests. Her check up showed even higher levels of calcium in her system which is dangerous for her. So she had to go back in and have more blood work done and we are still waiting on the results to that. I am not sure I really want to know but at the same time I do. Hopefully something comes up that will shed some light on what is causing the rise of calcium in her body. Keep us both in your thoughts 

Anyway, I am going to continue this update in another post with a few pictures and stories from spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment