Friday, April 13, 2012

What A Week!!!

Yikes! I can't believe everything that has gone on this week. So can I just say that I AM SOOOO GLAD THAT TODAY IS FRIDAY?!?! Oh come on you know you were thinking it *wink* 

So this week has been like I said a wowzer of a week. I don't know if I mention this in any of the last posts I did this week but on Sunday I met with my bishop to get the paper work started so I could get my temple sealing cancelled. I know big step for me and anyone who knows my story would almost agree. Needless to say that my bishop was excited for me and thinks that I am ready to make this step in my life and promised me that he would do all he could to make this an easy process for me. Those of you who have no idea what I am talking about or have never had to deal with one of these, they are not easy to do. My bishop has to fill out paper work and contact the ex spouse and then the three of you have to send a letter that goes right to the desk of the first presidency and I have to meet with the Stake President and yeah... there is A LOT of information that is needed to get this to happen. 

Like I said there was a lot of info needed and I worked with my bishop to get him the basic info on Sunday and then yesterday over the process of two phone calls between the two of us, we were able to get 99% of the information filled out and ready to go. The only thing that was missing was my planned *new* marriage date. And that might be a while as I am waiting for Mark to move up here to Poky and get settled in first and then there is the thing of scheduling as most of his family (well all really) lives out of state...we are talking as in California out of state and around his new work schedule and my school schedule. 

Oh and then to make matters worse, my bishop has to try and get a hold of my ex...yeah that might be a challenge since he wasn't to responsive to my email urging him to contact my bishop and pretty much gave what little info he wanted to share to me. Did I mention I don't have any current info on him for contact? Yeah, I wish my bishop luck on that one.

So that has been one event that has happened this week, another one was that I FINALLY heard from the vet yesterday on the results of Bailey's para-thyroid blood work. It came back normal but a certain kind of calcium was was a little high (i can't remember the word, it started with an "I" though) so she had turned to some internal medicine doctors (or whatever they are called) who have been working with her on Bailey over the year and they suggested that Bailey gets this really obscure Vitamin D test done as this could be the reason why she is showing high calcium levels. And to let you know how obscure this test is, my vet has never had to do it before because it just doesn't come up that often. Yeah so Bailey gets to be a guinea pig but I have confidence in my vet to know that everything will be alright. She, the vet, is going to call the lab in Michigan to see if they can run the test off the blood that was already drawn from Bailey that they have or if I have to take her in to have more blood drawn...yeah I don't see Bailey going for that one either. 

So its been an interesting week to say the least...and this is only the beginning. I still have to decide (and quick) what I am going to do with school. Do I take summer classes so that in case their is an opening coming up in the program that I can get in or do I risk not taking the classes and hope that there isn't an opening that I will end up kicking myself for. The reason I am debating is because I have already been accepted into the 2013 program BUT if there is an opening and I complete the pre-reqs before Aug...I can start earlier. Only problem is I am like #9 on the waiting list last I checked.  So...lots to think about, lots to look forward to and lots to do....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment