Sunday, April 8, 2012

Oh My Gosh...PART 2

So here is the second part of my update (click HERE to be taken to the first part if you haven't read it already). This has to deal with the big news and trip that I took over spring break (BTW it was awesome to get to catch up on some sleep during the break!).

So the friday during spring break I headed down to the southern corner of Utah (Cedar City) with Mark to spend a couple days from life and to meet his parents. Let me tell ya it was a long drive in the dark (6.5 hours). Let me tell you, once you get past Provo there is NOTHING to really see...especially if you are going through the area in the dark. 

So here are some of the pics that I was able to take (most of them are in St. George some of them are in Cedar City- I don't know why I didn't take more while I was there but maybe I can talk someone into sharing their photos with me!)

This is from the bottom of Bryan Head Canyon on the way back down cause I was getting car sick
 Bottom of Bryan Head Canyon again...it is a lot taller than the pic gives credit for.
Picture of the temple while I was actually walking hence the awkward angle
 Of course this is the St. George Temple heading into the visitors center 
 The tower of the St. George Temple
 St. George Temple 
 One of the two identical stair wells that lead up to the temple
 I had no idea that they had beehives on the railings
 Nor did I know there were Palm trees down there on the temple grounds
 Flag pole at the temple
 Trying to get a cool shot of the flag waving in the wind...failed
 The St. George Temple
 I kinda like this one of the temple with the sun shining out 
behind it.
 Again same as above
 Hmm...I like this one.
 Another attempt to make a cool pic
 Would be good if the flag wasn't in the way
 Baby Palm!!!!
 Another baby Palm!
 Main entrance into the temple 
 Again main entrance to temple with fountain
 Close up of fountain and the entrance
 Closer image of fountain...oh they have a revolving door!
 Other side of fountain
 St. George Tabernacle
 Brigham City Temple....yeah wasn't expecting to see that coming through
 Construction site and view of the angel Moroni
 Same
 Angel Moroni on the top spire of the Brigham City Temple
 Brigham City Temple
 Another shot of the temple from a moving car
 Again the same as before
The Logan Temple with a pole in the way and very cloudy wet weather coming our way.
So there are the pictures of the trip...oh let me share one more (which isn't one that I took)

Now you are probably wondering why I have a picture of Red Robin (Provo's) on here....well this is the place where Mark chose to propose to me on April 1, 2012...yes April Fools on me. His plans were originally to hit up some scenic waterfall but weather was not exactly our friend as we hit everything driving up that way...it was a surprise and unexpected event...but needless to say that was the trip in a nut shell. Marks parents were absolutely nice and I enjoyed spending time with them and the trip itself was a great break from life. Will keep you updated on how things are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment