Sunday, October 31, 2010

Big Girl Now

So after about 3 years of being in our ward's nursery, I have been released. Yes, I did ask to be released because I was just getting burned out and felt like I had fulfilled my calling and duty when set apart for that position. However, this doesn't mean that I am off the hook. The bishopbric has decided to call me to the Young Women Program as the 2nd counselor. I had a feeling that is where they were going to call me but I had no idea that it was going to land me into the presidency. It frightens me a little because I have had no real interaction with that organization since I was a teenager. I mean there was camp, but that was really only for about a week and only a few weeknight activities. 

Anyway, they sustained me today during Sacrament. I had my little mini me on my lap at the time this happened and the lady that they had put in my place in the nursery was sitting just on the other side of my and when I pointed out to her that this lady was going to be her new teacher, she about freaked and just about cried. Needless to say she just left my lap and went back to her mother shortly after. 

It was hard to hear a lot of the parents tell me that their kids will miss me as a teacher and they thanked me for all the time and love that I had put into my calling. Its bitter sweet, like I said before, I love the kids and will greatly miss them, but it was time to move on and I'm excited to start this new adventure...wish me the best of luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment